Your contributions are an essential and valuable part of SalsUp – not without reason: Every user has the right of free speech.
The quality of the discussions is of great importance to us: SalsUp is a matching platform for lively, interesting and inviting dialogues. Therefore, corresponding rules for postings and linked content apply, which have to be observed by all members of the community and are taken into account by us during moderation.
- Topic reference: Your contributions on the platform must relate to the respective topic, introduce relevant aspects and may contain conflicting viewpoints. The further your posting moves away from the original topic, the more likely it is that we will delete it. This also applies to questions and comments concerning our moderation.
- Respectful treatment: Treat other users, named persons and SalsUp employees with respect and consideration and refrain from hostility. Be careful not to belittle or ridicule anyone. For example, refrain from verbalizing names or derogatory remarks about the appearance of people. Insults, threats and insults, as well as statements damaging to reputation or business will not be accepted.
- Factual argumentation: Underpin your opinion with comprehensible reasons, indicate sources and deal with the arguments of other users on a factual level. Please refrain from non-testable insinuations or suspicions. Constructive criticism is welcome if it is respectfully and objectively formulated and refers to concrete arguments.
- Compliance with laws and regulations: You are obliged to comply with laws and regulations in your postings. In particular, you must refrain from making statements that could be considered libel, slander, defamation, damage to credit or injury of any kind. Calls for violence are not accepted on our platform and will be removed immediately. You can be held responsible for your postings. Your data will be disclosed by us to third parties or authorities if we are legally obliged to do so.
- No discrimination and defamation: Racist, sexist, misogynist, homophobic, anti-Semitic and other inhuman contributions in which groups are condemned or denigrated in a sweeping manner are not permitted. It is the responsibility of the author to exclude such interpretations. Here too, we will release your data to third parties or authorities if we are legally obliged to do so.
- Adequate expression: Please formulate your contributions in generally understandable language. Curse words, faecal language, raw, ambiguous or obscene language are not permitted. Also not tolerated is content that might be unsuitable or offensive to minors.
- No disturbance of the discussion: Avoid spamming (several postings with the same or similar content) and flooding (“flooding” the debate with a high number of contributions). This also applies analogously to ratings. Furthermore, it is not allowed to post with multiple user accounts.
- No advertisement: Advertising and other contents with advertising character are prohibited.
- No personal data: You may not disclose personal information about third parties, such as name, address and telephone number or details from the private life of others.
Procedure for moderation
- Moderation: We strive for a quick moderation – with many postings and group contributions per day we are partly dependent on our intelligent response management as well as on our employees who support us in this process. The following applies: To err is not only human, even these are not infallible. Please also be patient and do not post the same thing more than once. Depending on the time of day and the news situation, there may be waiting times until postings and group contributions are activated.
- Report postings: Please report postings and group contributions that contradict the rules. The aim is not to prevent freedom of expression, but to create a discussion climate in which everyone is happy to participate in such an expression
- Deletion of posts: We reserve the right to remove contributions if they contradict the community rules or limit the quality of the discussion. There is no legal claim to publication. Similarly, there is no legal claim to the deletion of postings and group contributions, as an entire discussion tree would have to be deleted due to the content dependency
- Blocking of members: Members who repeatedly violate the rules will be banned from posting. In serious cases the member account can be withdrawn and new registrations can be prohibited.
Your SalsUp Team